[haiku] Re: Moving files in SVN

  • From: Ryan Leavengood <leavengood@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 17 Jul 2009 13:23:44 -0400

On Fri, Jul 17, 2009 at 1:13 PM, Humdinger<humdingerb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Generally, it's a nice idea. But then you have to store a hey script
> alongside every image.

I was thinking more of one big hey script that does everything.

> Also, due to localization or added features, the main
> reasons for re-taking a screenshot, window sizes may vary.

The Screenshot utility can capture just the window.

> Plus, width and
> height attributes aren't mandatory. Removing them won't slow down loading
> times perceptibly, I think, because there are always just a bunch of images
> in a page.

My argument was mainly about automating the screenshots, I think
removing the hard-coded width and height on images in the User Guide
HTML is fine.

> Also, I already did all those changes and am about to commit. :)

Fair enough. But the web-site screenshots are GROSSLY out-of-date. I
mean the boot-up screen is still the old one and we've had the new
animated one for quite a while (years?)

http://www.haiku-os.org/about/gallery?albumid=5167080228181734945

So clearly some kind of help is needed here.

> However, I may have a bash scripting problem that could need a bash wizard.
> So, if anyone's interested...

In general I'm more of a Ruby guy, but go ahead and post your problem,
I'm sure someone can help.

--
Regards,
Ryan