[haiku] Re: More Geolocation testing, this time with something prettier

  • From: Ryan Leavengood <leavengood@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 11 Sep 2009 22:29:18 -0400

On Fri, Sep 11, 2009 at 1:36 PM, Jorge G. Mare <koki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Would it be possible for situations where there is no geolocation for the
> script to just show the raw table (without distances) and replace the text
> to a plain "Please choose the mirror closest to your location from the table
> below."?

Well there still may be some benefit to sorting the table by country
at least, assuming that much was gotten from the Geolocation API (in
my limited testing it seems to at least always return the country.) In
that case I think it would be better to not put in the distances
(though I'm considering removing the distances completely, or at least
doing some rounding.)

Though it is also very easy to just return early from the JavaScript
if the geolocation looks too generic, and that will just leave the
original table order.

> Will do that from here.

Thanks.

--