[haiku] Re: Maths Librarie

  • From: Dupéron Georges <jahvascriptmaniac@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2013 13:33:42 +0100

2013/10/28 Adrien Destugues <pulkomandy@xxxxxxxxx>
> AC_SEARCH_LIBS(cos, m,,AC_MSG_ERROR(no cos method found))

The problem with that is that the error message is totally cryptic,
and doesn't even include the name of the library that is moste likely
missing.

If I see that: "no display_init_fubar method found", I don't know if I
need to install libsdl, libgtk, libqt, libx11, libwhatever.

Also, if I see "libsdl not found", I'm just going to pull my hair,
because I have libsdl 42.17 installed, but display_init_fubar was
included in 42.18, and the message gives no sign of that.

I think a reasonable error message in this case would be:

"no cos method found, usually provided by libm or libmath"

Regards,
--
Georges Dupéron