[haiku] Re: Maths Librarie

  • From: Dario Casalinuovo <b.vitruvio@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2013 15:10:37 +0100

> Also, if I see "libsdl not found", I'm just going to pull my hair,
> because I have libsdl 42.17 installed, but display_init_fubar was
> included in 42.18, and the message gives no sign of that.
>
> I think a reasonable error message in this case would be:
>
> "no cos method found, usually provided by libm or libmath"

It would be a dream to have this error message, i agree...but in pratice
it's very complex, especially if you think of a library with thousands of
functions and hundreds of versions, then multiply it for thousands of
libraries out there...

Anyway, the first thing to do is to search with google, this is really
helpful 99% of the cases, and usually more helpful and fast than any error
message.

Best Regards