[haiku] Re: Man

  • From: Truls Becken <truls.becken@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2010 08:57:45 +0200

On 2010-08-24, at 21:54, Dave Osbourne wrote:

>> Haiku comes with a bunch of man pages, but no man command.
>> Is this on purpose?
>
> I believe you can use troff -n or something like that as an alias instead.

Except *roff is not installed either. ;)

I think it is a good idea to decide on what types of files should be included
from ports. Even for optional packages.

E.g: Should info files and/or man pages be included? What about readme and
license files scattered all over the system? Could they be cleaned up?
/boot/{system,common}/data/licenses holds all relevant licenses.

Guidelines on how "clean" packages should be would be good. For instance,
Vision installs LICENSE.Makefile, which is certainly useless to the end user,
and cdrtools comes with readmes for OS X and Solaris.

-Truls