[openbeos] Re: Making BeOS accessible to Windows

  • From: "Chris Gelatt" <gelattc@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 6 Jan 2002 04:06:00 -0000

> Has anyone ever thought of making BeOS files accessible on
> Windows, ie a file system driver or a reader for Gobe
> documents or an attribute converter that carries StyledEdit
> document formatting over into Word or WordPad?

The first has been done already, but only for Win9x/ME (grab the VBFS driver
off of
BeShare).  A similar Linux project is in the works (but I don't have a link,
ATM . . .).
The second is done, too, since GobeProductive 3.0 for Windows reads 2.0 files
just fine
(but 2.0 doesn't read 3.0 files).  The third would be a bit tricker, though,
since all
the formatting in a StyledEdit document is done via BFS file attributes . . .

--Chris Gelatt