[openbeos] Re: Linux makebootable error

  • From: "Euan Kirkhope" <euan.kirkhope@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2007 23:43:30 +0100

On 11/04/07, Bryan Varner <bryan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I've had no problems following Stefano's instructions.

The trick is to do the export after you switch to the root user
(before invoking makebootable) otherwise, the environment isn't setup.

At least, that's been my experience.

-Bryan

On Apr 10, 2007, at 6:25 PM, Euan Kirkhope wrote:

> On 10/04/07, Euan Kirkhope <euan.kirkhope@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> and I
>> But to no
>> get it
>> drive
>> >
>> > The folder where those libraries reside needs to be included in the
>> > LD_LIBRARY_PATH environment variable.
>> > I usually do an 'export
>> > LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$LD_LIBRARY_PATH:"<path_to_libroot_build.so>" '
>> before
>> > calling makebootable, where <path_to_libroot_build.so> is the real
>> > path to the libroot_build.so library, obviously :)
>> >

>> Sounds like an easy fix, I'll give it a shot.  Thanks!
>>

> Still no luck keep getting:
> ./makebootable: error while loading shared libraries:
> libroot_build.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or
> directory
>
> Gonna give up and add another harddrive, I hope haiku likes booting
> from /dev/hdb1 without changing the partition offset... :)

I did some partition shuffling on my laptop which is where the haiku
source and build tools reside, and makebootable runs with out any
export, or ldconfig changes.   The system I was trying to use is a
fresh ubuntu install on my desktop. I just copied makebootable, and
the libbe_build.so, and libroot_build.so over.  I'll install the
source and tools, and start from scratch to see if that fixes it...

Euan