[openbeos] Re: Linux makebootable error

  • From: Ingo Weinhold <bonefish@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2007 02:50:08 +0200

On 2007-04-12 at 00:43:30 [+0200], Euan Kirkhope
<euan.kirkhope@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 11/04/07, Bryan Varner <bryan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > I've had no problems following Stefano's instructions.
> >
> > The trick is to do the export after you switch to the root user
> > (before invoking makebootable) otherwise, the environment isn't setup.
> >
> > At least, that's been my experience.
> >
> > -Bryan

> > > Still no luck keep getting:
> > > ./makebootable: error while loading shared libraries:
> > > libroot_build.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or
> > > directory
> > >
> > > Gonna give up and add another harddrive, I hope haiku likes booting
> > > from /dev/hdb1 without changing the partition offset... :)
> >

> I did some partition shuffling on my laptop which is where the haiku
> source and build tools reside, and makebootable runs with out any
> export, or ldconfig changes.   The system I was trying to use is a
> fresh ubuntu install on my desktop. I just copied makebootable, and
> the libbe_build.so, and libroot_build.so over.  I'll install the
> source and tools, and start from scratch to see if that fixes it...

Note that "configure" stores some absolute paths, that is after moving the
source tree and/or the output directory you should at least run "configure"
again. In case you didn't know, configure has the "--cross-tools-prefix"
option, so you don't need to build the cross-compilation tools again.

BTW, you can run build system tools using jam, which will automatically set
up the LD_LIBRARY_PATH. E.g.:

  jam -q run ":<build>makebootable" /dev/the_partition

CU, Ingo