[openbeos] Re: Join the project

  • From: "Axel Dörfler" <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 15 May 2006 19:45:33 +0200 CEST

Christian Hieke <dasmoker@xxxxxx> wrote:
> Axel Dörfler wrote:
> > [...] It all depends on what you can do, and how much time you're
> > willing to spend.
> Hm... I use Linux (sometimes Windows) for my C++ "development", have
> never done any BeOS programming (also no graphic-stuff).
> This does not mean i'm a noob ;-)

Okay :-)
When developing BeOS/Haiku apps under Linux, this can be quite
annoying, though (because you would need to test them in emulation).
At least I can't recommend doing this under Haiku yet :)

> > What kind of work would you be interested
> > in? Etc.
> Maybe some small (window) application, don't know if they are really
> needed.
> Anyway you should know what is easy for a user who can learn very
> fast
> (especially from existing code).
> I'm sure there is something small to do...

We have lots of ungrateful items in our bug list :-)
One of those would be to make the rest of our existing (and partially
not so well written) applications font sensitive.
I don't think we have a whole application left to do, but you could of
course have a look at our bug tracker directly; maybe there is
something that interests you:

http://www.haiku-os.org/bugzilla/buglist.cgi?bug_status=NEW&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=REOPENED

There are probably other things left apart from this list, though, if
you don't find anything (ie. additional translators or something like
this comes to mind).

Bye,
   Axel.