[openbeos] Re: Italian faq translation

  • From: "Waldemar Kornewald" <wkornew@xxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2006 13:17:30 +0200

On 8/15/06, Axel Dörfler <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

"Waldemar Kornewald" <wkornew@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> official position? Also, the official/English website would always
> have more information than the translated sites. It's better to have
> additional community sites for basic information:

When you say additional community websites, do you actually mean
additional sites, or have it in one place (a Wiki for example)
available from our own site?

It's not a good idea to host all translations on haiku-os.org because we can't control the content and the domain looks too official. I think that it would be okay to have additional community sites (Haiku User Groups) which are responsible for the non-English community. The official site could link to those HUGs. That would be better because the HUGs have a lot more information and news for end-users, but it's still clear they aren't official websites. At least, that's what I'd prefer.

Bye,
Waldemar Kornewald