[openbeos] Re: Interview with Shamyl Zakariya

  • From: "Nick Hritsko" <hritskna@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 19 Jan 2003 21:58:01 -0500

"it would be great if someone could coax Zakariya back into BeOS
development, especially for OBOS R2"

        I too hope we can coax some of the major BeOS developers back.
I would also really like to see some interaction with Intel, AMD and
nVidia once things get stabilized a little.
        I think a lot of people will consider moving back for R2 once
the "heavy lifting" is out of the way.  I really don't have time to put
into active development of an entire operating system, but once we get a
distribution of OBOS R1 I might start tinkering again, especially
considering I take Operating Systems next trimester and have had a
couple of Computer Architecture classes, a Digital Signal Processing
class, and some other hardware interfacing stuff.  I'm actually kind of
interested in seeing the Kernel ported to other platforms sometime.

Nick