[openbeos] Re: Init scripts

  • From: Achim Schneider <batchall@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 14 May 2002 17:48:21 +0200

On Tue, 14 May 2002 17:20:04 +0200 (MEST)
François Revol <revol@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> I don't think it's really useful for now to turn those bootscripts
> into a HPS (huge pile of shit) :)
> The current ones, even if they are quite limited, work as expected.
> BeOS isn't designed to work in text mode anyway (even if have some
> interesting code already...)

Well, I know that's not necessary (now), but it would be an area where I
could start working on now, and then move on to include more and more
OBOS-Specific things.

This isn't about text mode anyway, I would describe an init system
rather as "The thing that manages the apps that you or cron don't
manage"...

However, if anybody got a better idea to get started, I also would do
that... I'm going to write a mail to Aaron now, as I should have done
earlier.

--
  (o_ W                 Achim Schneider                   W _o)
  //\_|      kernseife@xxxxxxx   batchall@xxxxxxxxx       |_/\\