[haiku] Re: Icon-O-Matic <-> WonderBrush data

  • From: Stephan Assmus <superstippi@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 16 May 2009 10:35:53 +0200

On 2009-05-16 at 09:04:55 [+0200], Humdinger <humdingerb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
> Stephan Assmus wrote:
> > Both programs have about the same level of support for
> > importing/exporting SVG documents, though the SVG export in WonderBrush
> > has more features (embedded images, rudimentary text, ...) that doesn't
> > get imported in Icon-O-Matic. But for most situations, it's a workable
> > solution.
>
> Yeah, sure, there's always the SVG middleman route... But it would be
> nice to just drag&drop or open an icon in WB. If there were a WonderBrush
> and/or a I-O-M translator, would it be possible to transparently open a
> WB or icon file in a pixel graphics app? Would the translator render from
> vector and offer a bitmap?

Yes, it could do that... but you can also just export PNG from I-O-M. I
guess what I am trying to say is that there are ways to accomplish a data
exchange I-O-M <-> WonderBrush both with bitmap and vector data (even
though it could of course be more elegant) and that means it's not a high
priority for me.

Best regards,
-Stephan