[haiku] Re: Icon-O-Matic <-> WonderBrush data

  • From: Humdinger <humdingerb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 16 May 2009 15:13:29 +0200

Stephan Assmus wrote:

Hm, but WB files should work, I wrote a WonderBrush translator for Haiku a couple years ago and it is installed by default.

Hey, you're perfectly right. I guess I should think and speculate less and try things our some more...

And for icons, it's only a problem when you check out the Haiku source code, since the attributes are not preserved.

Right. Does anyone know how to quickly "iconfy" these files (with a script)?

When you save an icon in I-O-M, it will automatically write the icon also as attribute, so you get the real thing as "preview" in Tracker.

Correct. So, maybe it's no priority, but I love the concept of Haiku to be able to open/drag&drop files on all kinds of apps and have the system figure out what's the best the app can do with that file. Not only concerning translators, also if you e.g. drag a colour from a picker into a text editor, you'll get the value instead. Or dragging text into I-O-M will insert the paths of the letters. That sort of thing.

Regards,
Humdinger

Deutsche Haiku News @ http://www.haiku-gazette.de