[openbeos] Re: How far along is Haiku networking?

  • From: "Charlie Clark" <charlie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 18 Mar 2006 12:36:27 +0100

On Sat, 18 Mar 2006 11:13:19 +0100, Axel Dörfler <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Huh, with that attitude, we could also all just use Windows and do some
logo artwork with Photoshop, though
Any BSD or Linux has better code (as in more thorough and mature) than
we have in many many areas. But it often doesn't fit to what we need or
want, and the networking stack is not really a big exception here, IMO.
Of couse it makes sense to use an already existing stack if possible,
but it'll be like an alien in our code.

Yebut, nobut, yebut, see fing is I think the issue is that the BeOS networking was poorly implemented and should be replaced with something better. To my knowledge this was the only part of the OS where this is consensus. The discussions on the netteam list archive for those really interested. The rest of us will have to live with whatever the devs go with.

Can we now go back to talking about important things such as logos! ;-) Can we have hieroglyphs as default input method? Will Haiku run on my iPod?

Charlie