[haiku] Re: Hang after installing wifi firmware

  • From: Axel Dörfler <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2012 17:23:46 +0100

Am 13/11/2012 20:58, schrieb David Given:
I have an old Sony Vaio with an ipw2100 wifi chipset. I installed Haiku
a4 on it and it all seemed to work fine. Unfortunately, after running
the script to download the wifi firmware bundle, it has now stopped booting.
[...]
freezing before the debug log gets flushed to the screen. Is there a way
to make this synchronous?)

Nope. However, ...

It boots fine in safe mode.

You can launch the net_server manually in safe mode. It should then hang as well, but you'll get a cleaner log.

I'm *sure* I remember this happening in a3... any ideas?

No, but are you able to drop into the kernel debugger? This can be done in a normal alpha system by pressing IIRC Alt-SysReq-d.

Bye,
   Axel.