[haiku] Re: Hang after installing wifi firmware

  • From: David Given <dg@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2012 19:54:00 +0000

On 16/11/12 16:23, Axel Dörfler wrote:
[...]
> No, but are you able to drop into the kernel debugger? This can be done
> in a normal alpha system by pressing IIRC Alt-SysReq-d.

Yes!

Umm... I don't know what to do with this now. (I have lots of experience
with assorted operating systems, but have never interacted with Haiku at
this level before.) 'threads' shows that net_server is ready, and
iprowifi2100/0 reader & consume are both waiting on (different)
semaphores. net_device_interfaces shows that iprowifi2100 seems to exist.

Typing in a bunch of random commands what I don't know what they do, I
do notice that net_domains crashes:

PANIC:_mutex_lock(): called with interrupts disabled for lock 0x82004028

The attached stack trace shows .../dev/net/ipro100:intr_handler + 0x005f.

Is any of that at all relevant?

[...]
>> It boots fine in safe mode.
>
> You can launch the net_server manually in safe mode. It should then hang
> as well, but you'll get a cleaner log.

That does hang (running /boot/system/servers/net_server), but I can't
get it into KDL that way.

│ "Of course, on a sufficiently small planet, 40 km/hr is, in fact,
│ sufficient to punt the elastic spherical cow into low orbit." ---
│ Brooks Moses on r.a.sf.c