[openbeos] Re: Haiku on Asus eeePC

  • From: Paulo Estrela <paulojbe@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2007 13:05:30 -0300

Considering the reviews that I read until now, Asus Eee uses a Solid State Disk (SSD) plugged on USB bus. I think that Haiku doesn't support yet booting from a USB disk, then some things must be implemented to this become possible. Eee could be a good platform for Haiku. Tiny laptop, low processing power, this needs a fast OS.

Fredrik Modéen escreveu:
So are there any ways of installing from an USB or SD-card?

Thinking of getting an Asus eeePC. Right now I don't know where to by one
but I have no hurry before I know I can install any flavor of BeOS on it
:)

http://www.eeeuser.com/
http://eeepc.asus.com/en/