[openbeos] Re: Haiku on Asus eeePC

  • From: Fredrik Modéen <fredrik@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2007 08:57:32 +0100 (CET)

> Paulo Estrela wrote (2007-10-29, 17:05:30 [+0100]):
>> Considering the reviews that I read until now, Asus Eee uses a Solid
>> State Disk (SSD) plugged on USB bus. I think that Haiku doesn't support
>> yet booting from a USB disk, then some things must be implemented to
>> this
>> become possible. Eee could be a good platform for Haiku. Tiny laptop,
>> low
>> processing power, this needs a fast OS.
>
> Which Haiku is not (at the moment), in various aspects. I don't want to
> stop anyone from trying Haiku on that PC. They should just not do so with
> the wrong hopes or reasons, IMHO.
Like saying 2001 that we are going to make a BeOS R5 replacement? :P

But for this to happen (Haiku working on eeePc) we would probably need
some of the hardcore driver developer to be interested as well :)
As Axel said (not that I'm counting on him to by one) it would be a sheep
(not the animal) way of getting "new" hardware for driver development.

--
MVH
Fredrik Modéen

--