[openbeos] Re: Haiku first impressions (last build)

  • From: tony <gs2501@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 01 Feb 2008 20:44:45 -0600

is there any real version(hard drive installation) available with wifi support?????(ipw2100 or 2200))???? I don't really like to use vmware.

It would be great if there is beta version that can feature wifi support + firefox/opera browser. That is all I need.

My first computer that I got was running BeOS but 3 months later they went out of business. I liked it a lot. Now I am running
linux but I wish that I could go back and run BeOS again.

-gs2501

On Fri, 01 Feb 2008 20:31:37 -0600, Michael Oliveira <michaelvoliveira@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi folks,

I've been playing with haiku in vmware today and I can say that are solid and stable system!! it's amazing!!

I like all!!

Haiku behave like BeOS now, I'm not want use BeOS more!!

I notice that Devices pref still not in development

Why nightly builds remains only 20MB free space in the image?

and that my realtek sound card don't play any sound, someone can say me why? (HDA is coming?)

and packge installer runs smoothly, but needs a better UI...

Great job guys,,
Haiku rocks!!

Regards
Michael Oliveira