[haiku] Re: Haiku compatible logo at Haikuware

  • From: "Jorge G. Mare" <koki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 02 Feb 2010 21:38:01 -0800

Hi Alex,

Alex von Gluck wrote:
Just a quick note, on haikufire.com I am using the Haiku favicon to
represent if something was compiled on/for Haiku or if it's compatible and
old beos code.. you can see an example here:

Compiled on Haiku:
http://haikufire.com/app/YwkgX9UrM2z2SzuUt2hVY0d8DeJlfLC5

Legacy BeOS binaries:
http://haikufire.com/app/TZBw5McGAgEyFUZKl8iS7fsVZewFv1ZK

I might be in the same boat here but it's a little more gray.  If my usage
of the Haiku trademark is deemed unacceptable please let me know and ill
try to figure out another way to state it.

I personally don't see much room for misinterpretation in this case. And since the Haiku icons do not fall under the trademark policy, IMNSHO the way you use the visuals to flag compatible and native apps is quite appropriate (perhaps the wording could be tweaked to be a bit more specific).

Cheers,

--
Jorge/aka Koki
Website: http://haikuzone.net