[openbeos] Re: HaikIu PXE boot

  • From: "Axel Dörfler" <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 6 Jan 2007 12:52:19 +0100 (MET)

Marcus Overhagen <marcusoverhagen@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I moved the page directory from 0x90000-0x9e000 into 0x100000-
> 0x110000
>
> On a single CPU system (no smp trampoline used) you just have to
> #define _PXE_ENV on top of src/system/boot/platform/bios_ia32/mmu.cpp
> get that changed memory layout.
> It's not required to setup any of the pxe stuff.
>
> I don't know whats going wrong, but with those changes, the kernel
> will reboot
> during vm_init()
>
> Can anyone give me a hand?

I think the problem might be that you moved the page directory beyond
the 1 MB "barrier".
I've now moved it below the SMP trampoline code (such that there is
less space for the boot loader, which currently doesn't need as much
anyway), and it seems to work fine, at least in Qemu.
Does that already help?

Bye,
   Axel.