[openbeos] HaikIu PXE boot

  • From: Marcus Overhagen <marcusoverhagen@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 6 Jan 2007 03:47:37 +0100 (CET)

Hello developers,

I've got one big remaining issue before network booting the Haiku kernel using
PXE protocol is working.

The second issue would be mounting the root file system, using the network
stack, but I'll postpone that until later.

The problem is as follows:

PXE uses the memory range 0x8d000-0x9ffff.

To make this memory range reserved, I did the following.

I moved the smp trampoline code from 0x9e000-0x9ffff into 0x8b000-0x8cfff
I moved the page directory from 0x90000-0x9e000 into 0x100000-0x110000

On a single CPU system (no smp trampoline used) you just have to #define
_PXE_ENV
on top of src/system/boot/platform/bios_ia32/mmu.cpp to get that changed memory
layout.
It's not required to setup any of the pxe stuff.

I don't know whats going wrong, but with those changes, the kernel will reboot
during vm_init()

Can anyone give me a hand?

regards
Marcus

Viel oder wenig? Schnell oder langsam? Unbegrenzt surfen + telefonieren
ohne Zeit- und Volumenbegrenzung? DAS TOP ANGEBOT JETZT bei Arcor: günstig
und schnell mit DSL - das All-Inclusive-Paket für clevere Doppel-Sparer,
nur  44,85 ?  inkl. DSL- und ISDN-Grundgebühr!
http://www.arcor.de/rd/emf-dsl-2