[haiku] Re: Guide for Installation from CD

  • From: Ryan Leavengood <leavengood@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 9 Sep 2009 23:23:14 -0400

On Wed, Sep 9, 2009 at 10:07 PM, 2501 <gs2501@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> question...is firefox fully compatible with Flash and jre(java)???

There is no Flash or Java on Haiku at the moment. Getting a proper
Flash port from Adobe won't be happening anytime soon, if ever. There
is some hope of getting Gnash (the GNU Flash runtime), but that is not
fully compatible with modern Flash (and it has an absurd number of
dependencies.) I have plans for trying to solve the problem of at
least supporting Flash video in the new Haiku browser I'm working on,
but I have no idea if it will work.

As for Java there is at least hope of having it ported to Haiku (since
it is now open source), but as far as I know work on that has
currently stalled.

> Are the codecs available also?

What codecs do you mean? If you mean video codecs Haiku tries to
support most modern (and several older) codecs.

> is this version going to include ipw2100/2200 drivers?

We seem to have an ipw2100 directory in our network drivers source
code, so I would assume yes.

--
Regards,
Ryan