[haiku] Re: Google Code In 2015, Haiku Task ideas

  • From: scottmc <scottmc2@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku <haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 10 Nov 2015 09:40:00 -0800

Amit,
I'll be looking for Google Code-In mentors in a few days. If you are
interesting in helping out that'd be great. It would be a busy time but
will help you get familiar with Haiku and could set you up for a good intro
the Haiku for a possible GSoC 2016 project. I would like to see you
complete two of the beginner tasks from our google code-in 2014 task list
so that we can see you are able to get up to speed fast enough to help us
out mentoring the 13-17 year old students.
Try these two:
https://www.google-melange.com/gci/task/view/google/gci2014/6403900290629632
https://www.google-melange.com/gci/task/view/google/gci2014/4593453665091584

For your work, you can just email me the screenshots.
I assume you are in India? We could really use some mentors from India as
it's one time zone where we don't have many mentors to cover.

-Scott

On Tue, Nov 10, 2015 at 9:30 AM, Amit Chaudhary <
amitchaudhary1994a.d@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Dear Scott,
Its really good to hear from you.I would like to
participate in GSOC 2015 as a potential student at Haiku.I would like to
contribute to Haiku and help in all possible ways for the development of
the project.Hoping for your guidance and suggestions.I have attached my
Resume with this mail,please check it out.

Regards
Amit Chaudhary

On 10 November 2015 at 22:42, scottmc <scottmc2@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

This is a reminder that we are still accepting Google Code-In task
ideas. Please fill out the form linked below [1]. We have applied and
should find out on Friday if we are picked or not. There's been a few
changes for 2015. One is that past years grand prize winners are
ineligible to be selected as grand prize winners again. Another is that
the minimum mentor age used to 18, they have now changed this to 13. This
means our past winners will be allowed to become mentors if they like.
Also melange is out, being replaced with a new web app for the contest.

-Scott

On Tue, Oct 20, 2015 at 8:44 AM, scottmc <scottmc2@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

We will again be applying for Google's Code-In contest. We have put
together a form to collect up ideas for Google Code-In 2015. [1]. Contest
starts on Dec 7, 2015 [2]. Also if you are interested in mentoring let us
know on the form as well. Ideas from potential students are welcome as
well.

-Scott

[1]
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1ozlfjZ-miL81zKIVICxiv0-wXPTUhYjROIE83IYqvYY/viewform