[haiku] Re: [GSoC idea] IMAP FS

  • From: Anshul Singhle <xashck@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 1 Apr 2011 05:52:29 +0530

Sorry for the late reply,
Managed to get a userlandFS environment ready. I'm trying to port over a
FUSE filesystem which I had written in the past, however not been able to
make much progress due to lack of documentation among other things. :( I
wanted to have a look at the IMAP implementation for the mail client.
@Clemens can you give me the link please?
Currently I'm studying the code for NetFS which is closest to what we are
trying to do here. Preliminary Query : I'm assuming the code for netfs given
here:
http://svn.berlios.de/viewcvs/haiku/haiku/trunk/src/add-ons/kernel/file_systems/netfs/is
using userlandFS and is not the kernel level code. Is that right? . It
would be helpful if you can point me to the person involved with developing
netfs as i'm going to have a lot of questions about that.
I will post again with queries as and when I get them.
Thanks!
Anshul