[haiku] Re: [GSoC idea] IMAP FS

  • From: Anshul Singhle <xashck@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2011 00:42:57 +0530

Hi Stephan,
Thanks for your reply! I'm currently having a look at the API reference. As
a first stage, I will implement the FileSystem using userlandFS and not FUSE
as the ultimate goal is to make a real kernel add-on.
"The UserlandFS server is missing some features which would allow it to
integrate better. Features like auto-mounting or partitioning are not easily
available as a result. If the IMAP FS implementation shall stay in userland,
the UserlandFS may need to be extended, although the missing features may
not affect the IMAP FS so much, I don't know."
I'll have a look at this.
On a related note - can you tell me who would be willing to mentor this
project (Would you be willing?). Also it would be great if you could point
me towards some small issues/bugs related to this topic so that I can submit
a patch and show you guys that I will be able to do this.

P.S. - I'll be there on IRC at #haiku with the nick ana_s

Thanks,
Anshul