[haiku] Re: Finding names of partitions?

  • From: "Thomas Mueller" <mueller6723@xxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 07 Jul 2014 08:23:43 +0000

> Thomas Mueller wrote:
> > As I further explore Haiku through USB-stick installation from R1A4
> > anyboot image, I see some irregularities in recognizing partition
> > names/labels.
> There have been a lot of fixes to Haiku since R1A4, perhaps try a nightly
> image? It has a lot of fixes in it (plus a package manager).

-Augustin

FreeBSD Cinderella wi-fi Internet connection has gone down subsequent to my
getting your message.

November 2012, R1A4, is a long time ago, so there must be changes worth
exploring.

I managed to git-clone buildtools, and haiku, and finish before Cinderella
Internet connection quit.

Now I have something to look at, and figure how to build, which could be done
without Internet connection.

I could also try under NetBSD-current amd64.

But once I get a runnable Haiku, I might use that for future builds rather than
cross-compiling from FreeBSD or NetBSD.

One limiting factor with USB-stick installation from anyboot image is having
only about 29.6 MB free space.

I suppose I could install from that USB stick onto another USB stick, using the
Haiku installer.

Tom