[openbeos] Re: Drupal Theme

  • From: "Waldemar Kornewald" <wkornew@xxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2006 17:01:41 +0200

On 8/25/06, Petter Holt Juliussen <post@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Is it possible for anyone to make a theme suggestion for the new Haiku site?
And how is it possible for us to do so? Do we need to download Drupal
ourselves and make a theme, or is access to the site something that can be
granted to people wanting to try making a theme?

Everybody can help. You will have to install Drupal (4.7.3) on your own machine, though. I hope you understand that we can't give everyone shell access to our server. You can use XAMPP for a personal quick-start web-server: http://www.apachefriends.org/en/xampp.html It's available for all major platforms and it's an unpack-n-go install. It works out of the box.

Here is a quick-start guide:

* download Drupal from
http://ftp.osuosl.org/pub/drupal/files/projects/drupal-4.7.3.tar.gz

* extract it into the htdocs folder (subfolder "drupal")

* create a database called "drupal" at
http://localhost/phpmyadmin/
Make sure that the collation and charset for the DB are utf8 (utf8_general_ci).

* configure Drupal (DB settings and URL) in the "sites/default" folder
I've attached my personal config file to this email. Just replace the
settings.php file with it.

* start working on your theme in Drupal's "themes" folder

Bye,
Waldemar Kornewald