[openbeos] Re: Documentation tools in the source tree

  • From: "Jérôme Duval" <korli@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 2 Sep 2006 19:34:31 +0200

Hi Niels,

2006/9/1, Niels Reedijk <niels.reedijk@xxxxxxxxx>:
Since there was a consensus on docbook, I thought it would be nice to
have the docbook tools integrated into the tree to lower the barrier
of entry for everyone that wants to contribute on some sort of doc.

I'm unsure if it's worth the effort to put these tools in our repository. Maybe just putting up a package "doctools" on our website aside with jam and gcc would be OK. Reasons for this are : * we don't need to customize these tools (they have maintainers already) * we would have to make sure they build on host platforms (linux ...) * we don't need these tools in the haiku distribution

Though we can still include these tools in our repository, not so
important to me :)

Bye,
Jérôme