[openbeos] Re: Demo folder contest?

  • From: "Ryan Leavengood" <leavengood@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2008 12:34:23 -0500

On Tue, Feb 26, 2008 at 12:06 PM, Alexandre Deckner <alex@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>  while hacking on glteapot, an idea popped in my head :) What about
>  making a Demo contest / vote for inclusion in the demo folder for R1?
>  Sure it would need some work and a few rules but i think it could be fun
>  and productive! We could setup a dedicated forum on haiku-os.org to not
>  pollute the ML.
>  I know everyone is busy (including me) but it's never to early to think?
>  Sounds fun?

It does sound fun, but as you say everyone is quite busy. But maybe it
could be a nice diversion from all the hard work, and could be useful
too. For example I volunteer to make a nice layout system demo. I was
wanting to make one for the purposes of a layout system article
anyhow. So as they say I can kill two birds with one stone.

It might be nice to have a list of possible demo ideas, particularly
in areas where Haiku differs from BeOS (like the layout system.) Also
maybe there were areas of the OS Be never made a good demo for? Maybe
some Be demos could just be refreshed to use the Haiku coding
guidelines and maybe updated in some way.

Regards,
Ryan