[haiku] Re: Cross-building buildtools and Haiku from BSD: some questions getting started

  • From: Joe Prostko <joe.prostko@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2014 06:54:47 -0400

On Fri, Jul 11, 2014 at 4:38 AM, Oliver Tappe <zooey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> 1) You need to build Haiku's version of jam, by invoking make in the
> buildtools/jam folder. The resulting jam binary (in bin.*/) needs to be
> installed manually (e.g. to /usr/local/bin/).

I haven't done a BSD build in a long time, but I'm pretty sure I
recall having to use `gmake` for this step, and not simply `make`.  I
could be mistaken though.  I suppose you can try using make first, and
if that fails, try using gmake.  Maybe one of the people that
regularly do FreeBSD builds can comment on this.

- joe