[haiku] Re: Compiling Haiku with Puppy linux 4.2.1

  • From: Matt Madia <mattmadia@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 3 Jun 2009 17:09:14 +0000

On Wed, Jun 3, 2009 at 4:57 PM, Urias McCullough <umccullough@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 3, 2009 at 9:10 AM, Scott Kemp <eightbitz@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> If needed/wanted  I could write a step by step instruction for this, or like
>> I've stated just remaster the cd.
>
> Actually, I was hoping we could enhance our documentation to include
> extra steps for the various flavors of linux. I know Matt has been
> working on some updated website documentation recently.

Ah, I was hoping to have updated the page before anyone replied :)
http://www.haiku-os.org/node/2511#puppy_linux

Step-by-step instructions for compiling the various bits would be nice.

If anyone is interested, the discussion thread for updating the
website documentation has been on the haiku-web mailing list.  Here's
a link to the initial thread [1].  There's probably been a few other
threads since that one that are also relevant.

>> Maybe later today I may install puppy to a thumbdrive, and build on a NTFS
>> or Fat partition.  Yesterday's experience was on Ext2.
>
> Case-sensitivity is a must-have in order to build Haiku.

NTFS is case-sensitive capable.

[1] -
//www.freelists.org/post/haiku-web/ReviewingUpdatingCombining-howto-guides-for-buildinginstalling-Haiku