[haiku] Re: Cleaning out unneeded state?

  • From: Humdinger <humdingerb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: General Haiku ML <haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 31 Jan 2015 08:22:43 +0100

Hi Chris!

On 30 January 2015 at 19:24, Chris Hanson <cmhanson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>> As a user, how should I go about cleaning out the old state that I'm not
>>> going to roll back to? It's starting to
>>> build up: My /system/packages/administrative directory is now over 3.2GB in
>>> size.
[...]
> Thanks. Is there a straightforward way (a query or command line, rather than
> eyeballing) to tell which are in
> use and which can be eliminated? Or does it require writing code?

How often do you roll back? Or better, how far back do you roll? (<--
these are rhetorical :) )
I have to admit that I haven't had to roll back yet, but I image that
I wouldn't roll back farther than to one of the last few states.
Therefore, I'd be comfortable to manually delete all state-folders but
the last few newest ones every few months (if I need space).

Regards,
Humdinger

--
Did you know: