[openbeos] Browser

  • From: Linus Almstrom <linalm-7@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 11 Jul 2002 19:43:07 +0200

It is pretty early at this stage of the development, but
are there any thoughts of creating a basic lightweight
browser too?

I started porting ABrowse a long time ago, but have not touched
the source for 6 months or more, mainly because I had not made
any real progress and that my disk crashed. Fortunately a guy
downloaded the sources the night of the crash, but it took me
2 weeks to find out all was not lost.

Since then I have only made small changes to the qt specific classes
of ABrowse and now it atleast renders some text, although all of
it mostly renders completely wrong. I don't have time to continue
with such a huge code base, but would like to see it being
further developed. If there is a developer out there thinking
of developing a browser this is a good starting point.

Regarding the port, I would rather see porting khtml instead of
ABrowse though.

Anyhow... If you are interested download the source here:

http://kaktus.campus.luth.se/BeaBrowse.zip

and I will be glad to discuss the code and help out as much
as I can without actually doing any coding.

Regards

/Procton