[openbeos] Re: Binutils-2.17 available

  • From: "Brian Verre" <bverre@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2007 12:09:37 -0600

Hello Oliver,

Thanks for the update.

Open team question:

Given that the GCC 4.0 branch has been frozen (development work on 4.1+
only) why not bring the haiku GCC4 compiler up to the 4.0.4 final
status, and update binutils up to current 2.17? Sounds worthwhile to
me...

It would seem to me that that the consistancy across haiku GCC branches
would help debugging, and keep haiku ontrack for GCC 4.x compatibility
down the road.

Who is actively building haiku with GCC4 and patching/rewriting
incompatible code?

Regards,

Brian