[openbeos] Re: Best new hardware for BeOS

  • From: "Cian Duffy" <myob87@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2006 14:07:12 +0100

On 29/09/06, Axel Dörfler <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I'm definitely not up-to-date there, but 1GB of RAM should be
problematic - and this RAM limiting boot loader did not work for me for
R5 (only worked for Dano here).

1GB of RAM is not problematic in R5 if used with a lower memory graphics
card - such as the Matrox mentioned. It will need the RAM limiter for BONE
however. My desktop is quite happy with 1GB and an old old old Radeon under
R5 with no RAM limiter at all. The limit seems to only hit if the sum of
system memory and graphics memory exceed a certain size.

Cian

-- ------------------------- "We're busy running out of time"