[openbeos] Re: BePDF is working in Haiku!

  • From: "Michael S" <mikesum32@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2007 18:37:17 -0500

Just in his defence: it's a Dutch thing.

Let's not start that.

When Eugenia/Thom does it, it's a Greek/Dutch thing. So that makes it okay.

When an American/Frenchman does it they are just being a rude
American/Frenchman.

I think it was Michael Phipps who said that he's worked with Greek
people, and they weren't rude at all.

Let's try to judge people on their own merits, and not label a  or
excuse a whole country based on a hand full of people.

Yes, Thom was rude and I can understand people being pissed, but more
importantly he was right.

Windows doesn't have anything to do with Haiku, except maybe in the
things it does right and wrong.

This is the latter: Not having a pdf reader is a pain. The question is
whether one should be put in Haiku. I think the original goal was to
have some 3rd party like beunited.org step in and add things that are
not necessary, but this one is necessary IMHO.

And beunited.org was disestablished officially last week anyway, and
no one noticed.

So the real question is whether or not BePDF is the right application
for pdf files.

Is it too complex ? Can it be made simpler and still be powerful ?
Does the GUI fit well with Haiku ? Is it slow ? Does it eat too much
RAM and CPU cycles ? Does it crash ?

These are the real questions.