[openbeos] Re: BePDF is working in Haiku!

  • From: "Thom Holwerda" <slakje@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2007 13:44:13 +0100

> Personally, I don't think that we should include BePDF - for a PDF
> viewer, it's already too complex and powerful to come with the OS IMO.

I think a viewer for .pdf files is close to vital for an operating system.
Many files online (manuals, articles, etc.) come in .pdf, so including an
efficient and small viewer for these files seems natural.

Of course, a better route would be to go the Apple way by simply allowing
the image viewer to read .pdf files. That way we're both happy :).

Thom Holwerda
---
Managing editor at http://www.osnews.com