[haiku] Re: Be Book from 2010?

  • From: miqlas <miqlas@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 1 Oct 2015 12:27:29 +0200

Hi Dale,

as you have own books, can you confirm, that an ISB number cost pretty much?
I always used to hear from my professors, "No, we doesn't released
this book, because the ISBN numbers cost too much." so we got it as
pdf or something like that.

If it is right, then i can't understand, why would somebody invest in
this business, because this book definetely have ISBN number. Printing
costs and so on... How?.. There isn't as much stupid people, wo buying
this scam... or did i misunderstood something?

Thanks and i'll check your books at weekend!

Bye!
--Z.

But what a great scam... purely from an economic standpoint and all morals
aside!

On 09/30/2015 04:00 PM, Dan Pidcock (Redacted sender dan.pidcock for DMARC)
wrote:

Check out
http://www.chrisrand.com/blog/2010/02/odd-tale-alphascript-publishing-betascript-publishing
:
"A company variously calling itself Alphascript Publishing and Betascript
Publishing is taking articles from Wikipedia and publishing them as books.
It would appear that the act of doing that is legal, but from the outside,
many of the books give the appearance of having been put together by some
automated system, because the titles (and presumably contents) seem to be
comprised of a Wikipedia page forming the starting point for the book and
then a load of other Wikipedia pages which are linked-to from that page"

Buy my books: 777 Bon Mots for Gunslsingers and Other Real Men, The Wives of
Jacob: Book I, In the Beginning..., The Post-Apocalyptic Blacksmith.
Available at most online book sellers.

--

---
Mizsei Zoltán