[haiku] Re: Be Book from 2010?

  • From: Cian Duffy <myob87@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku <haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 1 Oct 2015 11:36:08 +0100

On 1 October 2015 at 11:27, miqlas <miqlas@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi Dale,

as you have own books, can you confirm, that an ISB number cost pretty
much?
I always used to hear from my professors, "No, we doesn't released
this book, because the ISBN numbers cost too much." so we got it as
pdf or something like that.

(while I've not self-published anything, my brother has, so I've
experienced a bit of this)

Solitary ISBNs cost a large amount. Bulk ISBNs cost very little in
comparison. I found a US site where they'd be less than $6 a book if bought
by the hundred, and potential further discounts.

If it is right, then i can't understand, why would somebody invest in
this business, because this book definetely have ISBN number. Printing
costs and so on... How?.. There isn't as much stupid people, wo buying
this scam... or did i misunderstood something?

Print on demand services, while they cost more per book, prevent there
being up front printing costs and the risks of having lots of unsold books

If two people buy that 'book', they'll probably be in profit.

Cian