[haiku] Re: Bare metal installation issues

  • From: Nicholas Otley <nicholasotley@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 9 Sep 2009 18:31:20 +0100

Hi Jose,

I get the same problem every so often on VMWare Fusion and VirtualBox on OSX but not on my Aspire One A150.

I'm planning on testing it on my MacBook Pro 4,1 later tonight.

Cheers,
Nik

On 9 Sep 2009, at 17:48, José Brandão wrote:

Hello all,

I have installed Haiku from the CD into an extended partition on my computer, an Asus A6G laptop. Everything runs fine apart from a single problem that ruins the experience: every so often, the OS becomes non responsive for 1 or 2 seconds.

A typical example: I am moving the mouse on the screen; all of a sudden, the pointer stops responding for 1 or 2 seconds; after that, it jumps to a position far away, a position, in fact, that corresponds roughly to th position it should find itself in had the progression of the pointer been shown on the screen.

I have search the tickets on the bug tracking system and the only thing similar that I have found is a bug regarding disk IO that blocked the OS. Nevertheless it has been closed as solved.

I would appreciate some guidance.

Best regards

José Brandão