[openbeos] Re: BSD stuff

  • From: "Axel Dörfler" <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 01 Aug 2006 13:48:49 +0200 CEST

Hi Oliver,

Oliver Tappe <openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 2006-08-01 at 12:31:03 [+0200], Axel Dörfler <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> > wrote:
> > to ease porting of networking apps like ftp (lukemftp from NetBSD/
> > FreeBSD to be exact), there is a libbsd.so that comes with BONE.
> > There are also headers like arpa/ftp.h, stringlist.h, ...
[...]
> I vote for a separate libbsd.so and a separate folder for the
> headers, too
> (headers/compatibility/bsd perhaps?). But why would you put them into
> the
> private branch? I thought it was to ease porting of bsd-apps? Or were
> you
> just talking about porting lukemftp in order to distribute it as part
> of
> haiku?

I didn't intend to put them into the private branch. It looks like I
will also need libncurses and libedit for lukemftp, maybe even more. I
want to make some tools available as part from Haiku (as in
http://haiku.jansson.be/trac/ticket/39),
that's why I'm looking into preparing that move.

> BTW: do you know of anything that still depends on the legacy
> subfolder?

I have no idea, but a "touch *; jam haiku-image" could help there :-)

Bye,
   Axel.