[openbeos] BSD boot0cfg -> bootman

  • From: "Jonas Sundström" <jonas@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 05 Apr 2005 08:24:12 +0200 CEST

DragonFly BSD has an MBR boot manager which seems
to be very close to our bootman. It's not as pretty, but
I'm sure that can be adjusted.

I've made it compile on BeOS, but it's the most crude
halfway port ever. (I have no patience to do it cleanly
at the moment, as I'm trying to get my studies back on track).

The source code is brief and it doesn't look too horrible.
(well.. it used to not look horrible.. ;)

The boot0 asm MBR code appears to compile out of the box,
but the boot0cfg utility I had to mess up with includes, typedefs
and general monkey typing. I'm sure it blows up on BeOS,
should you try to use it. More work is needed.  (nudge, nudge..)

CAUTION:   Completely untested, except --help ;)

http://www.kirilla.com/tmp/bootman.zip

/Jonas Sundström.               www.kirilla.com