[openbeos] Re: Haiku no longer booting

  • From: "Simon Taylor" <simontaylor1@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 05 Apr 2005 10:09:22 GMT

Today I deleted the whole objects directory and did an svn update.
$./configure
$makehdimage /Haiku
That gave something that booted properly to the console.

Then I deleted the objects dir again (just to make sure), changed
makehdimage to:

#if [ x$RUN_WITHOUT_APP_SERVER = x ]; then
        # define only, if not already set
        export RUN_WITHOUT_APP_SERVER=0
#fi
export TARGET_PLATFORM=haiku

compiled everything again and then changed the bootscript to:

[snip]
launch $SERVERS/app_server picasso                      # launch app_server
launch $SERVERS/registrar _roster_thread_       # launch registrar
launch $SERVERS/input_server
launch $SERVERS/debug_server                            # launch debug_server
[snip]
launch beos/apps/MiniTerminal

This just seems to hang on the boot screen. I've tried various launch
lines (removing the picasso, adding sleeps) but they don't appear to
help. Pressing escape on boot shows the last line as entering kernel
at... and then nothing else.

I have a nvidia card, I know Michael uses a Radeon, so that could be
the issue.

My main concern before was the default build without the app server not
booting either, but that seems fine when I tried it today, so don't
worry too much.

Simon