[openbeos] Re: BAppPrefs

  • From: Ingo Weinhold <bonefish@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 30 Aug 2004 14:47:53 +0200 (MEST)

On Mon, 30 Aug 2004, Axel Dörfler wrote:

"Mikael Jansson" <tic_khr@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
"Axel Dörfler" <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
"Mikael Jansson" <tic_khr@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
Will JBQ's BAppPrefs class be touted as the preferred way of
saving
settings in Haiku?  That'd be a very good thing!
Why? I would rather see us fixing the issue directly in the R2 API.
What would ''fixing the issue'' mean? (I'm curious, and information
organization is something I like!)

For example, including automated settings file support into BApplication.

Mmh, I don't really see, why settings file support should go into BApplication (unless you're talking about session support, which would definitely benefit from being located there). At maximum I see a BApplication::GetSettingsDirectory(BDirectory*), although an equivalent to find_directory() may even be better, so that one could also get the settings directory of another application.

CU, Ingo