[openbeos] Re: BAppPrefs

  • From: "Axel Dörfler" <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 30 Aug 2004 15:13:16 +0200 CEST

Ingo Weinhold <bonefish@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Mon, 30 Aug 2004, Axel Dörfler wrote:
> > For example, including automated settings file support into
> > BApplication.
> Mmh, I don't really see, why settings file support should go into
> BApplication (unless you're talking about session support, which
> would
> definitely benefit from being located there). At maximum I see a
> BApplication::GetSettingsDirectory(BDirectory*), although an
> equivalent to
> find_directory() may even be better, so that one could also get the
> settings directory of another application.

Because file settings are usually bound to a specific application. I
think it might be beneficial to have a standard method for this
because:
a) finding the settings of a certain app and vice versa - have a look
to config/settings and try to map the files in there to existing apps
b) removing the settings when removing an application from your disk
c) probably having one file format for all settings files

Wouldn't be session support something like flattening the whole running
app?

See? That's why we're doing R5 first ;-)

Bye,
   Axel.