[openbeos] Re: AtheOS forked !

  • From: "Jonas Sundstrom" <kirilla@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2002 21:17:05 CET (+0100)

Erik Jakowatz <erik@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Unless a bunch of folks associated with the existing "revive BeOS"
> projects jump ship to work on it, I don't think it's going very far.
> If
> people in the AtheOS crowd were really interested in working on a
> BeOS-based project, I figure they'd probably have already signed on
> to one of the existing efforts.

I think the main reason AtheOS has seen relatively few
high-profile BeOS users (Brent and YNOP deserve mention)
is that it's been Kurts private project,
him wanting to design and code the core of the OS himself.

If Bill releases his AtheOS-derivate, this will change.

Fun times ahead! :)

/Jonas Sundström.                         www.kirilla.com