[openbeos] Re: AtheOS forked !

  • From: Erik Jakowatz <erik@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2002 09:10:42 -0800

Unless a bunch of folks associated with the existing "revive BeOS" projects jump ship to work on it, I don't think it's going very far. If people in the AtheOS crowd were really interested in working on a BeOS-based project, I figure they'd probably have already signed on to one of the existing efforts.

François Revol wrote:

Not sure what effect this will have on us...

http://www.geocrawler.com/archives/3/2311/2002/3/0/8215112/

"I forked Atheos about 6 months ago and have been continuously developing it since that time. "

"New Atheos has the following major new features: o Runs on top of the Linux kernel, not the Atheos kernel o Atheos API has been merged with the BeOS API o PowerPC support o gcc 3.0.X compatiblity o OpenTracker/Deskbar desktop manager"

"o Most BeOS programs compile and run with little or no changes"