[haiku] Re: Any plans for pthread support?

  • From: Bruno Albuquerque <bga@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 21 Sep 2009 13:05:53 -0300

PulkoMandy wrote:

Looking through the list of optional packages I could not find pthread.
Are there any plans to support pthread too? I only found in the BeBook a
mutex implementation ( called Semaphore there ) but no conditional
implementation. Conditionals are though important for proper
multi-threading. Does Haiku have something like this or do I have to
hack it together in my code myself?

pthreads are part of the main haiku feature set, not an optional package. You have nothing to install to enjoy them.

In any case, one can always use native threads in Haiku (check the kernel kit chapter in the Be Book).

-Bruno